COUNTDOWN TO YOUR MOVE
Grab a printable version of this checklist
- Clear loft and garage.
- Think about where your furniture will fit in your new home. Take measurements if necessary.
- Arrange for friends and family to help with children or pets on moving day.
- If you are packing yourself, start a bit at a time.
- Notify broadband / telephone / cable and satellite providers. (This will help avoid reconnection delays as some companies need three weeks notice)
- Inform Utilities and Council Tax of your move date.
- Inform Doctor / Dentist / Hospital / School of change of address.
- Arrange to redirect your mail with the post office: www.royalmail.com/personal/receiving-mail/redirection)
- Unwanted items to recycling centre or charity shops.
- Notify Change of address to: Bank, Credit Cards, Savings, Insurance, TV Licence, Driving Licence, Vehicle Registration.
- Notify change of address to all friends and family. Try texting and emailing to save time.
- Discuss removal parking with neighbours at both old and new addresses.
- Label up all keys for new owners.
- Cancel milk and newspapers.
- Confirm removal vehicle parking at both old and new addresses.
- Confirm house insurance is in place for new house.
- Check that the dishwasher and washing machine can be disconnected.
- Make up a catering pack with a kettle.
- Keep valuable items and important documents in a place where they can’t be packed away.
- Take final meter readings for gas, electricity and water.
A printable copy of this moving checklist is available in our brochure (pdf).
If you need removals in Axminster, Lyme Regis storage or Weymouth removals, Northover and Gilbert can help. If you have any questions regarding your move then please contact us and we will be happy to assist.