Northover and Gilbert are proud to be members of the British Association of Removers (BAR), but what exactly does this mean for you? What are the benefits of choosing a BAR Member over any other removal team for your next move?
Approval for Removals
BAR is the only recognised trade association for the British Removals Industry and has been in operation for over a hundred years. The BAR code of practice is approved by the Trading Standards Institute, ensuring that you can rest assured knowing that your belongings are in safe hands – and protected by your consumer rights in the unlikely event that anything should go wrong. Northover and Gilbert is one of just 450 BAR approved removals companies across the UK. We take this role very seriously, with continuous training and annual inspections of our working practices to ensure that we are carrying out our duties thoroughly and continually improving the way that we work.
Security and Peace of Mind
BAR works closely with it’s members to ensure that they always comply fully with their strict Code of Practice and Membership Criteria. We anticipate that you will be delighted with the way that we handle your move, but should any issues arise either during or after the process, BAR are there to make sure that they get solved quickly and impartially. Their Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme is independently operated by The Property Ombudsman and all BAR Members are also monitored by the Trading Standards Institute – to make sure that they are operating within the BAR Code of Practice and that the Code is working properly to suit your interests.
The Key Commitments of the BAR Code of Practice
As Bar Members, it is our duty to promise to act fairly and reasonably and to implement and uphold all of the standards set out in the BAR Code oF Practice, these include:
- To make sure that advertising and promotional literature is clear and not misleading.
- To provide you with a clear description, price and timetable for the work carried out.
- To offer insurance or other protection options.
- To explain clearly the liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims, and cancellation/postponement rights and charges.
- To provide staff who are courteous, competent, and committed to providing a high standard of service.
- To deal quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong.
- To publicise this Code, have copies freely available and make sure staff are trained to put it into practice.
The Code also offers financial protection for you, should your move be cancelled:
- If a BAR Member cancels a removal more than 10 working days before the agreed date for the work they must reimburse you in full
- If a BAR Member cancels your move less than 10 working days before the agreed date then they must pay you 150% of the monies paid.
This means that you can be confident that as BAR Members, we will arrive to do the work on the agreed date.
So there you have it – why choose a BAR member? For peace of mind, security, financial protection and independently regulated assistance, in the unlikely event of any problem. You can make you move with a BAR Member with confidence, knowing that they will always be there for you to handle your needs. You can find out more about our commitment to BAR in our website – or if you have a specific question, call us on 01308 423939 and we’ll be happy to answer it for you.
Picture credit: Man-O-War Bay by David G. Steadman (Own work) via Wikimedia Commons