AS A BAR MEMBER, NORTHOVER AND GILBERT PLEDGE THE FOLLOWING KEY COMMITMENTS TO OUR CUSTOMERS:
We promise to act fairly and reasonably with you and uphold all the standards contained in the Code. Our key commitments are:
- To make sure that our advertising and promotional literature is clear and not misleading.
- To provide you with a clear description, price and timetable for the work carried out.
- To offer insurance or other protection options.
- To explain clearly our liability for loss or damage, the time limit for making claims, and cancellation/postponement rights and charges.
- To provide staff who are courteous, competent, and committed to providing a high standard of service.
- To deal quickly and sympathetically with things that go wrong.
- To publicise this Code, make copies freely available to our customers and make sure that our staff are trained to put it into practice.
FINANCIAL PROTECTION AND PEACE OF MIND
The Code says that if Northover and Gilbert cancel your removal more than 10 days before the agreed date for the work we must pay you back everything you paid to us. If we cancel less than 10 days before the agreed date we must pay you 150% of the monies paid. This means that you can be confident that as a member of BAR, Northover and Gilbert will arrive to do the work on the agreed date. If Northover and Gilbert is not able to do the work on the agreed day or pay the 150% refund, the BAR Pre-payment Protection Scheme will be speedily activated to have the work completed by another member or provide you with a full refund.
IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG
If you have a complaint about the service, we will resolve it fairly, quickly and efficiently. If we can’t settle your complaint to your satisfaction you may refer it to the BAR’s FREE Conciliation Service.
The Trading Standards Institute monitors the performance of all BAR members, to make sure that they are operating within the BAR Code of Practice and that the Code is working properly in the customers’ interests. You can help by completing our customer satisfaction survey once the move is completed.
The BAR Code of Practice
BAR leaflet (pdf)
Benefits of BAR (pdf)
BAR Insurance Terms and Conditions (pdf)
BAR Liability Terms and Conditions (pdf)
The Trading Standards Institute website
Northover and Gilbert customer satisfaction survey
The Furniture & Home Improvement Ombudsman
Looking for removals in Dorchester? international shipping? or solutions for storage in Beaminster? our friendly professional removals service can help you do it all. Get in touch today for a quote.